- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups celery, cut in 1-inch diagonals
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (#300) can kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms
- Heat pressure cooker. Add oil and brown meat. Add onion, garlic, celery and green
pepper. Sauté lightly. Add tomatoes and liquid drained from beans and mushrooms,
- Combine salt, pepper, chili powder and wine. Mix well. Close securely. When it
comes to pressure, reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes. Cool cooker at
- Add beans and mushrooms and reheat to boiling. Keep at low simmer for flavor
development for a few minutes, if time permits.
- Serve with warm garlic or corn bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.