Italian Chicken with Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) frying chicken, skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned
on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook until softened. Add red wine vinegar to pan
and stir to loosen any brown bits that may be sticking. Add chicken, tomatoes, basil,
red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Close lid and bring to 15 pounds pressure over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize
pressure. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool until the pressure
comes down naturally.
- Arrange chicken on a warm platter and cover with vegetables and sauce.