Kentucky Colonel Chicken
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces (cook 4 at a time and reuse shortening)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's seasoning salt
- 3 eggs, beaten (or more if needed)
- Clean chicken parts and remove skin if desired.
- Place shortening and butter in pressure cooker.
- Mix dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Beat eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Heat pressure cooker over medium to medium high heat.
- Put chicken in flour mixture. Dip into egg, then into flour again. When oil is
hot, add 4 pieces and brown on one side; turn. Remove chicken and add the remaining
four pieces. Brown on one side; turn. Add all the chicken to the pressure cooker.
Close cooker. Bring up pressure and cook for 5 to 7 minutes with pressure rocking
- Let pressure drop of its own accord for 5 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure under faucet.
- Drain on paper towels.