Pork Chops and Browned Rice
- 4 pork chops, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fat (bacon grease is good)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup water
- Brown pork chops in hot fat in 4-quart pressure cooker. Remove chops from cooker.
- Place rice in hot fat. Stir constantly until well-browned.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, onion and pepper. Stir well.
- Add pork chops and water. Cover, set control to 10
pounds and bring up over moderated heat. Cook for 12 minutes after control jiggles.
- Cool normally for 5 minutes, then place under cold running water until pressure
To double, use 6-8 quart cooker and double all ingredients.
Recipe by Mirro