Shourbat el Qeema
- 2 1/2 cups ground lean meat
- 4 pounds soup meat, cubed
- Several soup bones
- 1/2 cup samneh, or other shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup tomato juice, or
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste and 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups cold water
- Grind meat several times. Mix well with salt and pepper. Shape into balls the
size of marbles and brown in hot fat.
- Bring soup bones and meat to boil with water in pressure cooker. Skim. Cook under
pressure for 20 minutes.
- Add meat balls, rice and tomato juice. Cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
- Remove bones. Add parsley and cinnamon just before serving.
Makes approximately 10 servings.