Turkey Bone Soup
- Left over turkey bones
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- 1/2 can small peas, drained
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
- Spaghetti, broken into 1/2 inch long pieces, enough to measure 1/2 cup
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded turkey meat, if there is any left over
- You will need an 8-quart or larger pressure cooker to make this recipe.
- In the cooker place all the turkey bones; add enough water to cover completely
(Remember; do not fill any pressure cooker beyond the 2/3 full level) and process
at 15 pounds pressure for 30 minutes (bones will be soft).
- Release pressure and strain the liquid. Discard the bones and return the liquid
to the pressure cooker. Add salt, one teaspoon at a time, until it suits your taste.
Then add all ingredients listed on left.
- Cover and process at 15 pounds pressure for 5 minutes only.
- Serve hot.
Makes 8 to 10 servings, depending on the size of your turkey and the amount of
bones left over.
You may also add plain cooked rice. Raw rice may not get soft enough. Also
you may add fresh, chopped broccoli and/or drained tomatoes. Also, in a smaller
cooker, chicken bones may be used instead of turkey bones.