Mennonite Caramel Frosting
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup top milk or thin cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix ingredients together in a saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved; cook syrup until it forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water (238 degrees F).
- Cool until you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pan.
- Beat until creamy and spread on cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.