Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Bake
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (10 3/4) ounce condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups potatoes, sliced and cooked
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon from skillet. Pour off all but
1/4 cup drippings.
- Gradually blend broth into flour until smooth; slowly stir into drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients except potatoes. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- In 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange potatoes; pour broth mixture over
- Cover; bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish with bacon.
Yields 6 servings.
Per Serving: 195 Calories; 4g Fat (17.4% calories from fat); 8g Protein;
33g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 567mg Sodium
Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.