Shaker Beef Goulash
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 6 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 small potatoes
- In plastic bag combine first four ingredients. Shake.
- In large skillet add 2 tablespoons oil and brown shaken ingredients.
- Add onions, 1 cup water and apple juice. Cover and simmer for 1 1/4
hours until tender.
- Add carrots, parsley and spices. Simmer 30 minutes more.
- Blend 1/2 cup water and 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir into stew. Cook and
stir until bubbly.
- Cook potatoes while stew is simmering. Peel and boil.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and 3 tablespoons of butter. Beat until smooth whipped
- Spoon mashed potatoes around edge of stew and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve while hot.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.