Shaker Bran Muffins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 cups whole bran cereal
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups ground raisins
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- Pour boiling water over 2 cups cereal; set aside.
- Cream sugar, shortening, raisins, buttermilk and eggs together.
- Fold flour, salt, baking soda and remaining cereal into creamed mixture.
- Add soaked cereal to batter; mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Do not stir when ready to use. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 1 gallon
Will keep in refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.