Neiman Marcus Bars (Texas Gold)
Neiman Marcus Bars are a Texas treasure for sure!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar (4 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 -inch baking pan.
- Blend melted butter, eggs, cake mix, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips (if using) together by hand. Place mixture in prepared pan.
- Smooth out and pat down as best as possible.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese and vanilla and almond extracts with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over cake mixture and bake for 1 hour (check at 45-50 minutes).
- Cool and cut into squares, diamond or triangle shapes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.