Tex-Mex Baked Potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mild or hot salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Scrub potatoes; pierce skin with fork. Bake at 400 degrees F until tender, about
- Fifteen minutes before potatoes are done, sauté meat in hot skillet until all
- Add salsa and chili powder to meat. Cover. Cook over medium heat for about 10
- Add green pepper and olives to meat mixture. Heat through.
- Cut baked potatoes open. Spoon hot meat mixture into potatoes. Top at once with
cheese so that it melts slightly.
- Serve with lettuce sprinkled on top and with sliced tomatoes alongside.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.