Tex-Mex Chili Cheese Supreme
A delicious layered Tex-Mex casserole using three different cheeses.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, with juice, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) carton Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Sharp Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Sauté green bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Add kidney beans. Set aside.
- In saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add to kidney bean mixture. Combine ricotta and Monterey Jack cheeses, chiles, onions and eggs.
- Spread 1/4 of cheese mixture evenly in greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Arrange 1/4 of chips over cheese.
- Spread 1/4 of tomato mixture over chips. Repeat layer 3 more times.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheddar cheese and bake 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.