A very tasty and easy five-ingredient recipe for Tex-Mex Chops.
- 4 pork chops, pork steaks or stuffed pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, chunky style
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn chops. Add salsa, chiles and cumin to skillet; mix well. Lower heat, cover and barely simmer for 6 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Uncover; top each chop with 1 tablespoon cheese. Cover and simmer an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Servings: 4 | Prep: 5 min | Cook: 15 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.