Tex-Mex Ravioli Casserole
This dish is good as is, but for an extra pop, serve with a dollop of sour cream
and a few jalapeno slices.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) bag frozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine salsa, puree and cumin.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce mixture on bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Top evenly with frozen cheese ravioli. Layer with black beans, chopped cilantro,
green onions, and remaining sauce mixture; top evenly with cheeses.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil, and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Southern Living magazine, February 2006