Tex-Mex Roasted Chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (comino)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (3 pound) broiler, skinned
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups unpeeled, seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes
- Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well and set aside.
- Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Rub outside of chicken with spice mixture. Place chicken, breast side down in a deep 3-quart casserole. Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Turn chicken breast side up and microwave, covered with wax paper, on HIGH for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Reserve drippings in casserole. Let chicken stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables to drippings, tossing to coat. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken.
Yield: 5 servings
About 192 Cal. per 3 ounces chicken and 1 1/4 cups vegetables. (Fat 6.8, Chol. 76)