Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 6 small corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 chopped green onions
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook tortilla strips and chopped onion
in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tortillas are crisp.
- Mix eggs and chile; pour over tortilla mixture. Reduce heat to medium. As mixture
begins to set at bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that
the thin, uncooked portions can flow to bottom. Do not stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes
or until eggs are set but moist.
- Top each serving with salsa, sour cream and green onions.
Yield: 8 servings