Tex-Mex Skillet Supper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1/2 cup tomato catsup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
- Add remaining ingredient except cheese and tortilla chips; mix well. Simmer,
covered, 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle beef mixture with cheese. Cover and let stand
until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings