Bayou Chicken Bake
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning; place in baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine onion, rice, black-eyed peas and tomatoes. Pour over
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings