- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 hot pepper, diced
- 8 strips bacon, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Brown ground beef, onion, bell pepper and hot pepper; add small amount of water as it starts to fry.
- When meat is brown, add black-eyed peas. Cook beef and peas about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked rice; mix well.
- Put mixture in baking dish.
- Fry 5 bacon strips extra dry; crumble on top of jambalaya.
- Place remaining bacon (3 strips) on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes.