Cajun Bloody Mary
For a pretty presentation, rub the rims of glasses with lemon wedges, and dip into a mixture of black pepper and coarse salt.
- 1 (46 ounce) bottle vegetable or tomato juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup liquid from jar of pickled okra or jalapeños
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 1/2 cups plain or pepper-flavored vodka
- Garnish: Lemon wedges and pickled okra
- Stir together ingredients in a large pitcher, and chill.
- Pour into tall glasses. Garnish, if desired.
Yield: 2 1/2 quarts | Prep: 10 min
Source: Julia Rutland, Coastal Living MARCH 2011