Cajun Chicken, Andouille and Rice-a-Roni
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 small package chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1 cup andouille sausage, sliced into 3/4 inch slices then quartered
- 2 boxes chicken flavor Rice-a Roni
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- In a large deep skillet melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with 1 1/2
tablespoons oil. Saute onion, bell pepper and celery until soft. Remove with slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and sausage quarters. Saute until some color shows on chicken. Remove to bowl with vegetables.
- Add remaining butter and oil to pan. Add the rice from the Rice-a-Roni, and let the pasta brown.
- Add water according to packages along with flavor packets.
- Stir in everything else, cover and cook until creamy.
Yield: 6 servings