Lasagna leaves Italy and heads to the Bayou with the addition of shrimp and spicy sausage.
Save preparation time by using mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles and stirring the
ingredients together to make an oven casserole.
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cooked deveined peeled miniature/tiny shrimp (tails off), thawed, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound smoked spicy sausage (andouille or kielbasa)*, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired
* To reduce the spiciness, swap the sausage with 2 cups of cut-up cooked chicken instead.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomatoes in ungreased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top with 5 noodles, overlapping slightly as needed. Layer with half each of the remaining tomatoes, the shrimp, sausage, Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes or until center is hot and bubbly.
- Uncover; bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Prep: 30 min | Bake: 50 min | Servings: 8
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 510 Calories from Fat 260 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 175mg Sodium 1370mg Total Carbohydrate 31g
Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 6g Protein 32g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 45% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: