Cajun Salmon Steaks
- 2 (6 to 8 ounce) salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun spice blend or blackened redfish seasoning
- 1/2 medium size green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium size red or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- Arrange steaks side by side but in opposite directions in a baking dish; press thin belly flaps together, against other steak. (If cooking 4 steaks, arrange in a circle with belly flaps toward the center of the dish.) Rub the top of each steak with 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, then sprinkle or rub with 1/8 teaspoon spice blend.
- Sprinkle peppers over fish in center of the pan.
- Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH (100% power)
until flesh is nearly opaque, 5 1/2 to 6 minutes. (Cook one steak 3 1/2 to 4 minutes; 4 steaks about 7 minutes.)
- Let salmon stand, still covered (puncture plastic wrap if tightly sealed), 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Yield: 2 servings