Cajun Shrimp and Tomatoes
Dinner ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy this cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Tomaoes recipe that’s made with shrimp, tomatoes and Bisquick® mix - perfect if you love Cajun cuisine.
- 5 plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Lightly spray 4 (12 ounce) individual baking dishes (ramekins) with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, roasted peppers and dressing. Divide evenly among baking dishes.
- In shallow bowl, stir together Bisquick mix and Cajun seasoning. Coat shrimp with mixture.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat. Add half of the shrimp; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink.
- Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp over tomato mixture in each baking dish.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over shrimp in each baking dish.
- Broil with tops 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and light golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
Prep: 30 min | Total: 30 min | Servings 4
1 Serving Calories 549, Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 17g), Sodium 1464mg Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 4g ), Protein 41g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A0%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium0%; Iron0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: