- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a wide oven-proof skillet or baking
pan just big enough to hold the shrimp in one layer. Place the pan in the oven just to melt butter. Add the shrimp
and stir to coat with butter mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and
- Remove from oven just as they become pink . They will continue to cook another
minute or two in the hot skillet. The shrimp will exude a lot of juice and give you a generous amount of sauce for pouring
over bread or potatoes or to use for dipping.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings