Cajun Strawberry Pop Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can strawberry soda pop
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 medium container Cool Whip
- Mix cake as directed on top and bake in oblong pan.
- Just before cake is done, mix gelatin with boiling water.
- Remove cake from oven; with fork prick holes all over top of cake. Pour gelatin and 1/2 can strawberry pop over top of cake. Cool.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, mix vanilla instant pudding according to directions on box.
- Combine pudding and Cool Whip for cake topping. Spread mixture over cake.