Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Cake
Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Cake is worthy of a celebration, and it is
worth making for everyday enjoyment. Indulge yourself!
No buttermilk? Measure 2 1/4 teaspoons vinegar into measuring cup; add enough milk to make 3/4 cup. Stir and let sit a few minutes.
Sprinkle cake top with additional chopped nuts for a special touch.
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 to 6 teaspoons boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10 inch angel food cake (tube) pan or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- Cake: In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients except pecans with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Chocolate Glaze: In 2 quart saucepan, melt 1 ounce chocolate and 1 teaspoon butter over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in powdered sugar and water until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle cooled cake with Chocolate Glaze.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 33g); Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: