Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie - When you just need to indulge, choose pie, pecans and chocolate. You won't be disappointed!
Use Betty Crocker pie crust mix for the scratch pie crust in this recipe and save time.
Decrease the butter to 1/4 cup and use only 1/2 cup pecans.
Garnish with whipped cream and Betty Crocker Dessert Decorations chocolate leaves.
Best Flaky Pastry
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening or 1/3 cup lard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves or broken pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Best Flaky Pastry: In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing knives, until particles are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface.
- Roll pastry, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside-down pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired.
- Pecan Filling: In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, bourbon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the eggs with hand beater.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excess browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake pie for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours until chilled.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 315); Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 76g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars ncg); Protein 6g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: nc Other Carbohydrate; nc Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: