Leftover Crawfish Cornbread can be split, toasted and buttered.
- 1 cup crawfish tails, peeled and deveined
- Cajun/Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal, preferably stone ground
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Season crawfish generously with Cajun/Creole seasoning and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and stir into dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter and cheddar, and stir to combine.
- Add jalapeño, bell pepper and crawfish. Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake iuntil a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 9 servings