Creole Sweet Potatoes
- 6 large yams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Miniature marshmallows
- Boil yams, then remove the meat and mash it with a liberal amount of butter.
- Add remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too thin, thicken it with flour. It should be the consistency of thick mashed potatoes.
- Spread the potato mixture onto a greased baking sheet, about two inches thick, and cover with marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until the mixture is hot and the marshmallows have spread and browned.
- Serve by cutting into slices.