Crescent City Jambalaya
This classic dish, Crescent City Jambalaya, is perfect for a Mardi Gras party or any get together. Double the recipe to serve 16 by using 2 packages of Jambalaya Mix and doubling all the other ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium green and yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12 ounce) package andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in large deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir for 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and Jambalaya Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 35 min | Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 264 Sodium: 928 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 29 Cholesterol: 107 Fiber: 2 Protein: 19
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Zatarain's