Seafood Dirty Rice
Keep some frozen shrimp in the freezer and Zatarain’s Dirty Rice Mix in the pantry, and you can have this delicious Seafood Dirty Rice at a moment’s notice. Just chop bell peppers, cook Zatarain’s Dirty Rice Mix and add shrimp. It’s that easy.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice Mix, Original
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add bell peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until tender. Add water; bring to boil.
- Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and green onions; mix well. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min | Yield: 6 (1-cup) servings
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 203 Sodium: 635mg Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 29g Cholesterol: 117mg Protein: 15g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Zatarain's