- 2 pounds fresh young okra
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, canned or fresh
- Wash whole okra and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Slice into 18- to 1/4-inch
rounds. Sauté in oil over medium heat until okra stops "stringing," stirring frequently. This could take 20 to
30 minutes. Do not let it brown.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until they soften.
- Add seasoning and tomatoes (and some juice too). Allow to simmer at least 10
minutes or longer.
Yield: 6 servings