Spicy Creole Chili
Andouille sausage and ground chicken simmered together with Cajun spices, green bell pepper, and zesty tomatoes for a twist on a spicy chili.
Cook's Tip: For extra heat, add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces andouille, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Hot Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros, undrained
- Sour cream and chopped parsley, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, sausage and 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove meat mixture from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add cumin, paprika, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until spices are fragrant.
- Return cooked meat mixture to saucepan; stir in crushed tomatoes, beans and undrained
tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Top each serving with sour cream and parsley, if desired.
Servings: 8; about 1 cup each | Prep: 20 min
Nutrition Information: Calories 285
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.