Corn Cob Jelly
This is a Cherokee recipe which is light in texture and has a flavor similar
to apple jelly.
- 12 ears fresh corn
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3 fluid ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
- Cut corn from the cobs and reserve for another use. Place cobs in water and bring
to a boil. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cobs and strain liquid through
cheesecloth or another filter. If necessary, add enough water to make 3 cups.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and stir in sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is
dissolved. Stir in pectin and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat, skim, and
spoon into sterilized jars. Seal and store.
Yield: 3 cups
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.