Red Chili Stew
- 2 pounds pork, cut into small pieces (save some fat)
- 5 dried red chiles
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Wash chiles, removing stems and seeds. Place in blender with 1 cup water and
blend into paste consistency. Set aside.
- Put pork fat into deep skillet until there is enough on the bottom of the skillet
to prevent meat from sticking. Discard remaining fat.
- Brown pork lightly. Add the chili paste and mix well, adding water if mixture
is too thick. Add oregano and garlic. Cover pan and simmer slowly for one hour.