Deep South Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Over low-medium heat, cook butter in saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside.
- Blend over heat the corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Add browned butter; blend again.
- Pour over pecans in pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes. Center may seem a bit liquid but will set as the pie cools.
- Serve with real whipped cream or ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings