- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With all cold ingredients at room temperature, cream butter and Crisco.
- Add sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs, blending well between each addition.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
Beat mixture on medium for 1 minute.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in a well greased and floured tube pan for 1 hour to
1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 45 minutes.