Banoffee (Irish Dessert)
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and ginger until well blended. Press
mixture into a 9- inch pie plate. Cool in refrigerator.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil;
place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with very hot water.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 1 hour or until thick and caramel-colored.
- Beat until smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour toffee into pie crust. Allow to cool.
- Slice bananas over toffee.
- Whip 2 cups of cream and spoon it on top of bananas.
- Refrigerate before serving.