Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes
A green twist on classic red velvet, these Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes take basic cake mix to delicious new heights with the addition of pure vanilla extract, green food color, sour cream and cocoa powder.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- To Prepare Frosting: Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 (8 ounce) package
cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure
Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Minty Green Cream Cheese Frosting: Stir 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint
Extract and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color into canned cream cheese frosting or Vanilla Cream Cheese
Yield: 24 servings; 2 1/2 cups frosting
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 20 min
Nutrition per serving Calories: 213 Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 193 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: