Emerald Isle Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or Irish whiskey
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Slivered almonds, sliced
- Cake: In a bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk, beating until smooth.
Spread in a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until tests done.
- Glaze: Combine the sugar and liquid, beating until smooth and fairly
thin. Add coloring and spread on the warm cake. Sprinkle with almonds.
Posted by Elaine at Recipe Goldmine 2004/2/26 16:27.