Irish Cinnamon Potato Candy
Despite the title, don't look for any potatoes in this recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces regular cream cheese, softened (not the low-fat variety)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 7 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar, beating until the mixture forms
- Stir in the coconut, and roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll the balls into the cinnamon, and chill until firm (about an hour).
- You can roll the candies a second time in cinnamon after they have chilled.