Irish Coffee Meringues
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (not granules)
- 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Irish whiskey
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Draw 2 x 7 inch circles onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean and dry bowl. Add
all the confectioners' sugar except 2 tablespoons. Whisk until the mixture stands in firm dry peaks. It may take 10-15
- Sieve the coffee with the remaining confectioners sugar together and fold in carefully.
- Spread the meringue carefully with a palette knife onto the circles on the
silicone paper. Bake in a very low oven 300 degrees F for approximately 1 hour or until crisp. The discs should
peel easily from the paper. Allow to get quite cold.
- Add the whiskey to the whipped cream. Sandwich the meringue discs together
with Irish whiskey flavored cream. Pipe 5 rosettes of cream on top. Decorate with chocolate coffee beans if available.