Leprechaun Cookies 'n' Mint Cake
- 1 (7 ounce) Hershey's Cookies 'n' Mint Chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- Few drops green food color (optional)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze (recipe follows - optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Using food processor, chop candy bar pieces very finely; set aside in small bowl.
- Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, using water, vegetable oil and whole eggs. In small bowl, reserve 1 1/2 cups batter; stir into reserved chopped candy bar.
- Into remaining vanilla batter, stir in food color, if desired. Pour into prepared pan. Drop chocolate batter by spoonsful into center of batter, about 1-inch in from each side of tube.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan, inverting onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Top with Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze, if desired.
- Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze: In small microwave-safe bowl, unwrap and break 1 (7 ounce) Hershey's Cookies 'n' Mint Chocolate Bar into pieces; add 1 teaspoon shortening (not butter, margarine or oil). Microwave at HIGH
(100%) for 45 seconds. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until
chocolate is melted when stirred.
Hershey's is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods Corporation.
Recipe may be reprinted; used with permission from the Hershey Kitchens.
Review: I made the Leprechaun Cookies 'n' Mint cake for our
St. Patty's day party at work and, oh my, it was delicious.
Everyone loved it. I had to go buy more candy bars to make another
one, I bought them because I was not sure if I would ever find
them again. ~ Pat Thelen, Michigan