Shamrock Mint Cupcakes
'Tis the luck o' the Irish you'll be gettin' when you top cake-mix cupcakes with a simple shamrock design.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup creme de menthe or mint baking chips (from 10 ounce bag)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (12 ounce) container fluffy white whipped frosting
- 24 large green gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in baking chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 21 to 26 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Stir peppermint extract into frosting until well blended; spread on cupcakes. To garnish each cupcake, cut 1 gumdrop into 4 slices. Place 3 rounds on cupcake to make shamrock leaves; press remaining round into thin strip and place below leaves for stem.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude cake mix directions for cupcakes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: