Broken Glass Salad
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 34 single Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 large box whipped topping mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make each box of lime, orange and cherry gelatin according to package directions using 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Pour each flavor into a greased 8-inch square pan and chill in refrigerator until set.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Crush Graham crackers and mix with margarine and 1/4 cup sugar. Save 1/2 cup of the Graham cracker mixture and set aside. Press remaining Graham cracker crumbs into bottom of a cold-cut keeper or 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Drain juice from crushed pineapple and add water to juice to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve gelatine in 1 tablespoon cold water and then mix gelatine with pineapple juice in
a saucepan. Heat at medium temperature until pineapple juice mixture is hot, then set aside to cool.
- Whip two 1.3-ounce envelopes of whipped topping with cold milk according to package
- Fold in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in cooled pineapple juice mixture, drained pineapple and gelatin cubes.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup crumbs on top.
- Chill in refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours.
- Slice to serve.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.