Coconut Congealed Salad
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 large box lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) can evaporated milk (chilled to whip)
- Melt margarine; add coconut and brown lightly. Add vanilla wafer crumbs and mix
- Line 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with 1/2 mixture, reserving other 1/2 for topping,
and put dish in refrigerator to cool.
- Mix gelatin in boiling water to dissolve. Add softened cream cheese and blend
with fork. Add marshmallows, then undrained pineapple, pecans and cherries. Chill
until thick, then fold in whipped milk. Pour into dish lined with crumbs. Cover
the gelatin with remaining coconut mixture. Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.