Dr Pepper Cherry Salad
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweet black cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 small boxes cherry gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can or bottle Dr Pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Oil a 6-cup decorate mold. Drain liquid from cherries and pineapple, reserving
- Slice cherries in half. Reserve them along with the pineapple.
- Add lemon juice to liquid from the canned fruit. Measure liquid and add enough
water to make 2 cups. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a medium-size bowl. Pour boiling liquid over it and stir until
the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix in the Dr Pepper.
- Refrigerate until the gelatin turns syrupy, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Fold fruit and pecans into the gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin into the mold, and chill
it again until the mixture sets firmly, another hour or two.
- Unmold the salad.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.