Lime Mist Salad
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lime gelatin
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped
- 2 cups lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1 cup Carnation evaporated milk, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Few drops green food color
- Combine lime gelatin and applesauce in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until gelatin
- Stir in celery, nuts, cherries and lemon-lime beverage.
- Chill until
- Chill milk in refrigerator until soft ice crystals form around edges of tray.
Whip until stiff.
- Add lemon juice and whip very stiff.
- Fold in gelatin mixture.
- Add food color.
- Spoon into 2-quart mold.
- Chill until firm.
Serves 8 to 10.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.